[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tycho-user] Bundles in repository vs product
- From: Eric Jain <eric.jain@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:41:54 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=Mt/dxISOrWUvzkKLGiVsDhyZG3dxeFIyQJrL/VbXhrY=; b=BWnS2iDU7WLa8cMgn9f6qIuHeLcl4jqw1u8BT/ON2CJashF248//CXforvlZ2p7iL0 jNW/1/oJ5TehVVj8OSmGTNBkHYJta8b6TzKs+cbxwBMy529NYOCpHUFLFGjiEtbQHNCg ndisNosIFQe0d6ZmHyvzytqtfk8viFXmKTlx4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=pSLazhD12HI6kv5BNzxAwDnGipgUhnQUOPk8WE3J4zONHYc4dzTAPuvV4KQorpcjZ5 4QQCq4sMqTZKI5hhV0O9dR1nFk/sMOVhjLkDMuXGIexc/Yb+fZfIYMPPY/3MqAmRP85f I0ynXcvumMhe2LJURyvU/Sm0rpOzwbn7Plur8=
On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 00:28, Sievers, Jan <jan.sievers@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you want all transitive dependencies added to your repository, configure
> (this was added in tycho 0.11.0, see https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/TYCHO-551 )
Thanks. I was going to test that (once I am able to upgrade), but was
still curious why some org.eclipse.* bundles were included, but not
other bundles. Looks like the presence of these bundles might be due
to the Eclipse RCP feature, which is included in the product.
> In general, this happens if your .product definition is not transitively complete.
> So your other option should be to add all missing transitive dependencies explicitly to your .product (or the features included in your product).
> BTW, PDE .product editor has a "validate" button which should help you list the missing dependencies.
I've always ignored that validate function, because it reports all
bundles that are required but not included in an included feature as
missing. Looks like what I'd have to do is create (and keep up to
date!) an additional feature for each product that contains all the
bundles required for that project...