Re: [tycho-user] [Tycho Users] RE: Tycho and non-PDE support

Hi Kiran,

>Example of non-PDE projects would be dynamic web projects. To which we can
>add OSGI nature.

For dynamic web projects, IMHO tycho should try to support projects as created by the
Libra poject [1]. (Not in tycho core but probably via an extension).
Libra is the incubation project at Eclipse.org which aims to provide OSGi web tooling (basically make PDE and WTP work together).
BTW with some build.properties tweaking you can build so-called RFC66 web application bundles with tycho today already.

>There is also an Rational tools for OSGI from IBM which defines OSGI
>projects without all the PDE bells and whistles.

As for commercial tools, there will be no support for this in Tycho OSS.
Nevertheless as we discussed, tycho should be extensible for new project/packaging types.

>We also forked off the tycho like the tigerstripe and modified to support
>the different project types.

If you are interested in contributing the "project extensibility" part of your tycho fork, we take quality patches.

Regards,
Jan

[1] http://eclipse.org/libra/

 Example of non-PDE projects would be dynamic web projects. To which we can
add OSGI nature.
There is also an Rational tools for OSGI from IBM which defines OSGI
projects without all the PDE bells and whistles.

We also forked off the tycho like the tigerstripe and modified to support
the different project types.

Sorry for this naive question, how do I use hidden email? I don't see that
in settings or anywhere else. I thought emails would be masked by default.

Thanks,
Kiran.