[tycho-dev] Restore/keep .classpath/.settings/.project ?

Hi all,

Lately, I find the contribution flow to Tycho has become a hassle. From a clean repo state, a simply "File > Open Projects from Filesystem" doesn't work as expected: project is not usable as build path is very incorrect.
I have memories of a time when this used to work well and without trouble.I believe keeping .project/.classpath/.settings would make contribution more efficient and even simpler.
Shoudn't we add the file to repo and remove them from .gitignore?

Cheers
--
Mickael Istria