Re: [tycho-dev] Tycho 2.x.1 release?

On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 7:49 AM Christoph Läubrich <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I wonder if anyone is interested in an Tycho 2.7.1 release, there is a
bug regarding PGP sites that should be easy to backport and there where
some others as well.

Then there is a problem that Tycho 2.7.0 produces metadata that confuses
Tycho 2.6.0 I wonder if we should provide a 2.6.1 and 2.5.1 to fix that
problem?

What do you think?

First we need someone to drive the release. If there is one I think 2.7.1 is a fine idea. 2.6.1 is not that good as it should be trivial for people to switch to 2.7. Regarding 2.5.1 - I think that one should be totally out of scope as that way we would open the  pandora box and be asked for 1.x fixes even.