Re: [tycho-dev] Tycho 3.0 release

I hope to finish them in the next one or two weeks, I can still think about postpone some to 2.8 / 3.0 I think.

Am 31.01.22 um 11:32 schrieb Mickael Istria:

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 11:08 AM Christoph Läubrich <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi Mickael,

are we in hurry here?

No, but the sooner we release 2.7, the sooner we can start disrupting even more in 3.0 ;)

    I really like to finish the work on most of the
    currently flagged 2.7 candidates:
    https://github.com/eclipse/tycho/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A2.7
    <https://github.com/eclipse/tycho/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A2.7>

OK  How much time to you estimate that would take?

    I'm also not sure if we have now decided on 3.0 or if we want to wait
    for 3.0 a bit now we have made most thinks I though for 3.0 already in
    2.7 there is not much left, that need much attention, so maybe we can
    just make a 2.8 and delay 3.0 until some of my maven changes are
    approaching?

I think we should just release 2.7 once we're ready, and just start the 3.0 after that. The reason I need a 2.7 is to ensure Platform has a Tycho release it can use for its 4.23 release, before we start 3.0 and adoption becomes a bit trickier.

Back to the top