Re: [tycho-dev] VOTE: Move source & reviews to Github

> So, what about ... keeping issues on Bugzilla for the moment ...

Mickael I know you are very serious on this topic but like to ask if we should not even move to GH-issues here, and even take a step further throwing away the wiki and probably deprecate mailing-list usage?

Even though this might sounds a bit extreme I think this would be a good choice for the following reasons:

- with the current release-when-neccesary-cycles we could benefit from a more dynamic development process, with maven versioning people can always use older releases if necessary and we can release fast and often. - there is only a handful of "valuable" bugs in tycho, that is things we are really working on, most of them are just laying dormant. We could take the opportunity to ask the original author if its still relevant and move those to GH, no feedback-> close with message to reopen at GH if suitable - as Bugzilla allows to link GH in the "see-also" we could use this light-weight alternative to link related tickets - maybe its just me but I have the feeling we do not need very much project-management at tycho, and we can even try to use GH-Projects instead - The Wiki is mostly out-dated and hard to manage. The information there is still valuable. Moving to GH-WIKI would allow us to have this part editable by more users and as part of the usual development - GH supports a new feature "discussions" that might seve as a good alternative to the mailinglist. - all of this does not mean we need to shutdown old tools immediately (e.g. we can even use bugzilla if required for some rare cases).

Last but not least I think it would bee good to step-up and show all this stuff can work and we are not bound that much to all the simrel, backward compatibility stuff as platform itself.

I think removing all those different tools, UIs and brittled information could really improve the overall development experience.