Re: [tycho-dev] Build p2 update site from Maven artifacts

Hi Dirk,

Currently PDE requires some additional headers to really use source-jars as source bundles. So if you bundle the sources as well appropriately you can include them in tycho already.

Beside from that, automatically using maven-deps sources with tycho-source-plugin is currently under development.

If you don't mind to use snapshots/latest builds or you can wait for the next tycho + m2e release you can solve your use-case in an alternative way:

1) You can include your desired artifacts into the target file of your project and choose "include source" and don't mind about building an extra P2-Updatesite 2) Create a target for your updatesite build as above and wait until I have implemented the m2e-source-feature in tycho (hopefully next week) and proceed with deploying and all this additional stuff

That way you can even use artifacts that are not bundles at all, either using some default mapping or create a BND mapping description from within the target editor.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Christoph Läubrich

 Christoph Läubrich