Re: [tycho-dev] Tycho 2.0 approaching, please test snapshots ASAP before we start release process

Hi,

I think most issues are fixed, so we're technically ready to release.
However, it's been more than a year since Tycho has a release review, and this is a major release, so it seems like a release review is required/recommended for this release. I did create the release record at https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.tycho/releases/2.0.0 , but because of review, we theoretically won't be able to actually release before August 10th; and since many people in EMO staff are on PTO, it's possible that IP Log approval or some other manual steps assigned to EMO get delayed, cascading to more delay in the release. I may also take some PTO later this week or next week, but I'll try to find someone to follow the plan at https://wiki.eclipse.org/Releasing_Tycho in my place in case I'm not available to complete the release.
I'm going to stage the release right now anyway, so consumers can prepare adoption of Tycho 2.0.0 and we can expect some more feedback.

Cheers,

Back to the top