Re: [tycho-dev] How does the tycho-standalone-p2-director application works

Thank you for your support

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 1:33 PM, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 6:29 AM, Kasun Siyambalapitiya <kasunsi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to figureout what actually the tycho-standalone-p2-director  does after we provide all the necessary requirements ( -metadataRepository, -artifactRepository,-destination,-bundlepool,-shared, -profile,-profileProperties, -roaming, -installIU) to it. It is somewhat hard to figure out what it does as there is no proper documentation on how it works other than how to use the tycho-standalone-p2-director. Can you please be kind enough to explain me what happens in the process or guide me to an article or etc. so that I can figure it myself.

I believe there are no existing resources for that and that the best resource remains to look at the source code.
You'll find out it simply delegates most of the work to the p2 director application: http://help.eclipse.org/oxygen/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Fp2_director.html
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse IDE developer, at Red Hat Developers community