Re: [tycho-dev] A Mojo to validate version consistency

On 6 Feb 2015, at 22:05, David M Williams wrote:

How do you treat "differences" that are due, say, to merely the timestamp of the jar signature changing? -- i.e. not really "different" in a meaningful way.

I'm actually curious on this one since my general stance on this is that if you have *released* a version then that version (no matter the amount of timestamp changes) have been "used" and thus should not appear in any new releases unless you use the exact same binary.

Can you give me an example where the above would not be true ?

(p.s. because how p2/tycho etc. works and making it hard to reuse binaries from previous builds at a small granularity this actually results in micro version bumping more often than it technically need to but IMO that should be solved by reusing or producing exact same binaries instead of "lying" about two binary different versions are to be considered the same.)

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen

Back to the top