Re: [tycho-dev] A Mojo to validate version consistency

On 02/05/2015 06:26 PM, Oberlies, Tobias wrote:

Hi Mickael,

Hi,

So just to make sure I understand your setup correctly: You check your master build for “wrong” versions, with the maintenance stream being the baseline. Correct?

Yes.

If yes, assume the following scenario: master and maintenance stream produce artifacts with the same version and content, so the master version is not “wrong”. Now the maintenance version is incremented. However this entails that building the same sources in master would now fail. This doesn’t seem desired, or is it?

In the case of JBoss Tools, I believe we prefer it to fail in that case, as we don't want master to have "older" things than maintenance. If something is changed on maintenance, we assume master must have it as well.

Do you have examples of projects that would want their master to be "older" than maintenance?

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top