From: tycho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Enrico De Fent
Sent: Donnerstag, 5. Februar 2015 10:23
To: tycho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tycho-dev] tycho-document-bundle: filtering packages by name

Hello everybody.

I've submitted a patch last night for configuring tycho-document-bundle plugin to include/exclude packages by name when building the options file for JavaDoc:

Our use case: a customer wanted to extend and build its own variant(s) of an Eclipse RCP application we developed. So we packaged an SDK (sort of).

Thanks to tycho-document-bundle we were able to generate and collect the JavaDoc of all plug-ins included in the SDK with very simple configuration.

We also nedeed to exclude some packages from javadoc processing (eg.: all *.internal.* stuff), and it sounded natural to me to do it by configuring tycho-document-bundle, but I wasn't able to find a way with current implementation.

My proposal is to (optionally) specify include/exclude filters as follows:

 <javadocOptions>

   <include>com.example.*</include>

   <exclude>*.internal:*.internal.*</exclude>

 </javadocOptions>

Accepted wildcard is '*', multiple package names are separated by ':'.

This is my first proposal/contribution ever in a project like this, so any feedback is really welcome :)

Regards,

Enrico

Back to the top