Re: [tycho-dev] Tycho Extension with custom project type

Am 01.02.2014 um 17:43 schrieb Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Do you want to resolve original jar and sources-jar from maven
> repositories or these will be checked-in in git?

From a maven repository. An important aspect of EBR (as well as a future of Orbit) is to keep the binary artifacts out of Git.

> If you can split "generate bundle" and "generate p2 repository" into two
> separate builds, this will give you more flexibility and this is more
> inline with what is currently supported.

That’s the approach I’m following. I was about to start writing my on P2MetadataMojo but then discovered that’s possible to invoke the Tycho p2 plug-in with an "unsupported" packaging type.

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
        <artifactId>tycho-p2-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>0.19.0</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>package</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>p2-metadata</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
        <configuration>
          <supportedProjectTypes><supportedProjectType>eclipse-bundle-recipe</supportedProjectType></supportedProjectTypes>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

Works like a charm. :)

-Gunnar