Re: [tycho-dev] Programatically install

On 07/31/2013 05:54 PM, Pascal Rapicault wrote:
Does you support re-provision the eclipse instance or does it reuse the artifact created by the build of the product file (basically the zip file of product)?
For now it supports nothing because it doesn't work, but this first draft assumes the target RCP application is already installed at a given location and adds its content into it.

The use-case we have is that we want to run some unit tests for JBoss Developer Studio, and we'd like to reuse surefire configuration coming from pom files (mainly system properties to pass location of various JBoss AS instances).
So the process would be:
1. Install JBoss Developer Studio in /path/to/installation
2. cd project/tests/org.jboss.tools.test.bundle
3. mvn clean verify -Dtycho.testProvisionnedApplication=/path/to/installation
And see tests running against he JBoss Developer Studio installation (instead of the generated installation driven by target/work/configuration/config.ini)
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top