[tycho-dev] Target Platform without EE (was: Issue with latest SNAPSHOTs)

So I could reproduce the issue which prevents target-platform-validation-plugin tests from passing, and then to deploy.
Here is the original stack:

	at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.target.ee.ExecutionEnvironmentResolutionHandler.adapt(ExecutionEnvironmentResolutionHandler.java:22)
	at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.impl.resolver.P2ResolverFactoryImpl.createTargetPlatformBuilder(P2ResolverFactoryImpl.java:49)
	at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.impl.resolver.P2ResolverFactoryImpl.createTargetPlatformBuilder(P2ResolverFactoryImpl.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.tycho.extras.tpvalidator.TPValidationMojo.validateTarget(TPValidationMojo.java:117)
	... 22 more

This is because the target-platform used in integration test does not specify an execution environment.

So I have 1 question: Should we allow usage of target platform without an execution environment? (that can perfectly be used by previous versions of Tycho)
If yes, then change needs to be done in P2ResolverFactoryImpl.
If not, I can simply update the target I use in tests to specify an Execution Envirornment

Cheers,

Back to the top