[tycho-dev] Target Platform for Tycho Surefire bundles

I have a question about the Tycho’s Surefire bundles: These become part of the OSGi runtime for any test executed by Tycho, correct? This implies that they are running with the Eclipse version in the target platform of the project being built.

And a second question: Do we have tests that ensure that we don’t introduce dependencies in the Surefire bundles which would prevent running them with earlier Eclipse versions? I should help to change the target platform of tycho-surefire to an older release train, right? Ganymede seems to work out of the box, so should we use that version?

Regards
Tobias

Back to the top