Re: [tycho-dev] GeneratePomFileTest fails

Oberlies, Tobias wrote:
> One remaining problem is the integration test "GeneratePomFileTest" (see
> attached log file). It fails because Maven fails to determine the version
> of the maven-tycho-plugin. I guess that the problem will disappear once we
> have org.eclipse.tycho deployed to a Maven repository. But how should we
> handle this failure until then? Also I have doubts that the test is
> correct, if it depends on what is deployed rather than always testing what
> just has been built.

I just figured that this may even be a feature and not a bug: Maven can't find the build plug-in in any of the configured pluginRepositories and hence fails. It could be intentional, that Maven doesn't use the plug-in that is only available in the local Maven repository.

However I still ask myself if this means that the test verifies the correct version of Tycho: a deployed snapshot or the one that has just been built.

Tobias

Back to the top