RCP Kompagniet ApS/The RCP Company
Phone: +45 70 22 25 92
Fax: +45 69 80 29 09
tonny.madsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.rcp-company.com
The Logo of The RCP Company

2009/8/11 Joern Weigle <weigle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi all,

Please find a draft of the outline for the Advanced RCP class below. There are no big changes compared to our spring series, we just added wizards as topic.

Looking forward to your feedback.

With kind regards

Dr. JÃrn Weigle

__________________________

ÂDescription

If you are familiar with the nuts and bolts of developing Eclipse RCP applications and now face a major project requiring specific RCP knowledge, this intensive three-day class covers advanced RCP development concepts that have proven relevant in challenging large-scale projects. Particular attention is paid to sharing best practices that our coaches' derive from their individual project experience. Throughout the training, participants will be given the opportunity to apply theoretical contents in several labs. Â
Audience

Software developers and architects Â
Prerequisites

Solid Java experience, experience with Eclipse SDK as a Java development environment and notions of Eclipse RCP

Duration and FormatÂÂ
Three-day instructor-led class with approximately 50% hands-on labs

  1. Plugin Philosophy
    • Compartimentation
    • Lazy loading
    • Loose Coupling
  1. Wizards
    • Contributing wizards
    • Defining a wizard extension
    • Implementing a Wizard
    • Implementing a Wizard Page
    • Customizing a wizard
  1. Jobs
    • Concurrency
    • Monitoring progress
  1. Adapters
    • Using the extension object pattern the Eclipse way
  1. Data Binding
    • Synchronizing controls and (presentation) model
  1. Virtual Trees and Tables
    • How to deal with large data sets
  1. Defining Extension Points
    • The flip side of the coin