[tracecompass-dev] Using Trace Compass for streaming high performance live trace

Hi All,

We’ve been using Trace Compass as a plugin since a few years back for capturing debugger traces from ARM chipsets.

To set the context, we have both BareMetal setup and embedded Linux boards using dedicated trace hardware probes such as Lauterbach or Segger J-Link. These systems produce large amount of dataset at very high speed.

So far CTF + Trace Compass work well for offline analysis. However we would like to have Live view (as in live plotting) ability from a  subset of trace data.

After looking at the way TMF reads CTF data as an example,  it needs the whole dataset or frame for the views to start working. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Looking for suggestions on using live trace streaming in Trace Compas please.

Should we invest in custom views, independent from Trace Compass, to capture live data and leave the  Trace Compass for offline analysis, or looking at streaming capabilities in trace compass?

Thanks,

Phyo Kyaw

Renesas Electronics Europe GmbH
Registered Office: Arcadiastrasse 10
DE-40472 Duesseldorf
Commercial Registry: Duesseldorf, HRB 3708
Managing Director: Carsten Jauch
VAT-No.: DE 14978647
Tax-ID-No: 105/5839/1793

Legal Disclaimer: This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) is confidential and contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Back to the top