From: tracecompass-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <tracecompass-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Scheler, Fabian (CT RDA IOT SES-DE) <Fabian.Scheler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 7:59:00 AM
To: tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [tracecompass-dev] ftrace & xenomai

Hi Matthew,

> Could you share a xenomai trace? we can see if it works. Ftrace has a
> well defined trace format, so it should... but there's always the devil
> in the details.

well, at the moment, I am struggling a little to provide such a trace ...

> If it doesn't work, the dev time to fix it can vary between minutes and
> weeks. I can't say without looking at the trace. But I would tend to
> think minutes.

however, I do not think it is a parsing-problem as the events created by
xenomai/cobalt are displayed correctly.

My question rather is related to the "Control Flow"-Analysis for the
Linux Kernel. In order to also provide that analysis for xenomai-threads
the events created by xenomai need to be handled correctly.

So, to be more precise, my question is: Is the "Control Flow"-Analysis
for the Linux Kernel able to handle also xenomai-threads?

Ciao
Fabian

Back to the top