[tptp-pmc] New to TPTP

Title: New to TPTP

Hello,

Im reviewing the TPTP framework and have waded through the documentation, but am still not clear on if/how I deploy it to my environment

I am running JBoss or Weblogic servers remotely, on a Linux machine  On my desktop, Id like to run Eclipse and TPTP to profile the application servers (and the apps running on them).

Could someone clarify the following:

1.      Can I achieve the above?  Is it supported?

2.      Do I simply need to open the JMX port on JBoss or Weblogic, or is there an agent that needs to be installed (as there is for commercial profilers)?

3.      Can I connect with Eclipse and profile, even if I dont have the source code? i.e. can I get a list of classes, timings, thread dumps, etc.

Thanks,

John

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential, may contain
proprietary or privileged information and is intended for the named
recipient(s) only. Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action
on the basis of information in this e-mail and must delete all copies.
Nomura will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or
completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in, this
e-mail. If verification is sought please request a hard copy. Any reference
to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as preliminary only
and subject to formal written confirmation by Nomura. Nomura reserves the
right to monitor e-mail communications through its networks (in accordance
with applicable laws). No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by
Nomura by any mistransmission of this e-mail. Any reference to "Nomura" is
a reference to any entity in the Nomura Holdings, Inc. group. Please read
our Electronic Communications Legal Notice which forms part of this e-mail:
http://www.Nomura.com/email_disclaimer.htm