|[tptp-platform-dev] Request for approval for defect 140439|
I would like to request that the following defect be considered for approval for 4.5.2: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=140439
Quotes are not ignored in custom properties on non-windows platforms
1. Explain why you believe this is a stop-ship defect. How does the defect manifest itself, and how will users of TPTP / consuming products be affected if the defect is not fixed?
When user profiles a Java application, the quotes around Java arguments are not removed.
2. Is there a work-around? If so, why do you believe the work-around is insufficient?
3. Is this a regression or API breakage? Explain
No. This bug exists before 4.5.2.
4. Does this require new API?
5. Who performed the review?
6. Is there a test case attached to the bugzilla record?
Platform.Communication.Agent_Controller.testsuite has been updated to test this fix.
7. What is the risk associated with this fix?
8. Is this fix related to any standards that TPTP adheres to? If so, who has validated that the fix continues to adhere to the standard?
TPTP Agent Controller, Rational
IBM Toronto Lab
TEL: (905) 4132069