Re: [tptp-news] Limtations for monitoring Data

Valentina Popescu schrieb:

Morris,

I don't understand your scenario; can you send me more information on what you are trying to do.

Form your comments I guess that you have a logging agent and would like to use a custom view to display default events.
There is no limit on how many events you can collect. But you can use the 'Stop profiling after a specified amount of time' option available in the Profiling - Limits tab under the launch configuration. The 'Stop profiling after a specified number of method invocations' option applies only to profiling agents collecting method entries ( profiling will stop after reaching a specified number of method entries ).

Thank you, Valentina Popescu IBM Toronto Labs Phone: (905)413-2412 (tie-line 969) Fax: (905) 413-4920

*Morris Milekovic <m.milekovic@xxxxxx>*
Sent by: tptp-news-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/16/2005 10:26 AM
Please respond to
"Proactive notifications about TPTP milestones and noteworthy information (for consumers that don&amp; #8217; t need all of the project development details)"

To tptp-news@xxxxxxxxxxx cc Subject [tptp-news] Limtations for monitoring Data

Hello,

I want to extend the Profiling Perspective by using the TRCAgents
"DefaultEvents List" for my own monitoring view.

This List is growing while monitoring an Application and I need to know
the limitation or the max size for this list.
I know that there is the possibility to set a max. number of Method
calls via the Profiling configurations.
Is this the only way to limit the amount of the reveived Data or is
there a other possibility?

Regards ,

Morris Milekovic

Hi Valentina,

thanks for your fast reply.  I try to explain better what I want.

In my scenario I want to monitor data in a custom view. The Data is provided by an agent via an RAC.
I think, that I can get access to this Data by using the getDefaultEvents Method of the TRCAgent (or is there another way?).
These method returns a EList, containig the Data of the Agent. Each index of these List contains a Event (in CBE format). While the Agent is collecting data, the new Events are added to this List backwards.

I want to know, if this List is limited in adding new events or not, or is there another way to get the current Event?
I m not interrested in "old" Events, just the current CBE Event is interresting for me, because the Application that I want to monitor produces a lot of Events an runs several hours.

I hope you understand my issue now better.

Regards,

Morris