Re: [tptp-news] Limtations for monitoring Data

Valentina Popescu schrieb:

Morris,

I don't understand your scenario; can you send me more information on what you are trying to do.

Form your comments I guess that you have a logging agent and would like to use a custom view to display default events. There is no limit on how many events you can collect. But you can use the 'Stop profiling after a specified amount of time' option available in the Profiling - Limits tab under the launch configuration. The 'Stop profiling after a specified number of method invocations' option applies only to profiling agents collecting method entries ( profiling will stop after reaching a specified number of method entries ).

Thank you,
Valentina Popescu
IBM Toronto Labs
Phone:  (905)413-2412         (tie-line  969)
Fax: (905) 413-4920

*Morris Milekovic <m.milekovic@xxxxxx>*
Sent by: tptp-news-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/16/2005 10:26 AM
Please respond to
"Proactive notifications about TPTP milestones and noteworthy information (for consumers that don&amp; #8217; t need all of the project development details)"

	tptp-news@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
	[tptp-news] Limtations for monitoring Data

Hello,

I want to extend the Profiling Perspective by using the TRCAgents
"DefaultEvents List" for my own monitoring view.

This List is growing while monitoring an Application and I need to know
the limitation or the max size for this list.
I know that there is the possibility to set a max. number of Method
calls via the Profiling configurations.
Is this the only way to limit the amount of the reveived Data or is
there a other possibility?

Regards ,

Morris Milekovic