|[tptp-monitoring-tools-dev] Request for approval, defect 232083|
I'd like to request that the following defect be considered for approval for 4.5 i8:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=232083 - "Workspace errors relating to BTM"
1. Explain why you believe this is a stop-ship defect. How does the defect manifest itself, and how will users of TPTP / consuming products be affected if the defect is not fixed?
Not fixing it will keep throwing warnings in .log file.
2. Is there a work-around? If so, why do you believe the work-around is insufficient?
Yes, there is a workaround. But unfortunately, there is a new problem coming with the workaround. Please see my comments in the bugzilla.
3. Is this a regression or API breakage? Explain.
4. Does this require new API?
5. Who performed the code review?
6. Is there a test case attached to the bugzilla record?
7. What is the risk associated with this fix?
Low. Just move the btm related actions from JDT's Source menu to our own menu.
8. Is this fix related to any standards that TPTP adheres to? If so, who has validated that the fix continues to adhere to the standard?