Re: [tptp-monitoring-tools-dev] log adapter for eclipse .log files

Hello Jacek,

thank you for your interest in TPTP and in the Generic Log Adapter.
As far as I know there is no adapter/parser for Eclipse .log files.

You can find information on how to create a static parser in the TPTP SDK documentation at Extending the monitoring, profiling, and testing functions > Extending the logging function > Creating a log parser> Creating a static adapter
You may also want to look over the Log Parser Sample, which you can launch from the main workbench menu File->New->Example...->Logging->Log Parser Sample.

Post a question on the TPTP newsgroup (news.eclipse.org/eclipse-tptp) which is monitored by more users I would assume, perhaps there is somebody out there who already has the adapter you are looking for.
Kind regards,

Alexandru Nan - Software Developer
phone:  905-413-6029
e-mail: apnan@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Lab,
8200 Warden Ave.
Markham, Ontario, Canada
L6G 1C7

Jacek.Pospychala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: tptp-monitoring-tools-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/08/2008 12:25 PM

Please respond to
TPTP Monitoring Tools Project developer discussions        <tptp-monitoring-tools-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

tptp-monitoring-tools-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[tptp-monitoring-tools-dev] log adapter for eclipse .log files

Hello TPTP!

I'm looking for a log adapter for Eclipse .log files.
I've already started to implement one to learn a bit how TPTP log adapter
framework works. Generic Log Adapter seems insufficient to me and now I'm
investigating a static adapter.
But maybe you've already heard about such an adapter?

best regards

Jacek