[tptp-monitoring-tools-dev] Monitoring Tools Project Status - October 16th, 2007

Monitoring Tools Project Status Meeting Minutes - Oct.16th, 2007

Present: Yasuhisa Gotoh, Alex Nan.

Hari couldn't attend.
Rohit and Richard absent.

- new defects were opened since the last meeting
- the following would need to be triaged, possibly  targetted to 4.5
205274 nor P3 smith@xxxxxxxxxx NEW Wind --- 0.0 EventLogReader utility by default creates Application log
205547 nor P3 smith@xxxxxxxxxx NEW Wind --- 0.0 Static/rules label needs to be removed from the log adapters

205837 maj P3 apnan@xxxxxxxxxx NEW Wind --- 0.0 properties files missing copyright statements

 would need to be addressed in 4.4.1

- LTA 4.5 defects were targetted and assigned to committers, they can start working on these
- waiting for input from BTM and MAX to define the list of defects planned to be fixed in 4.5
- Gotoh-san is working on automating tests
- need status from Rohit and Richard/Matt
- need to clarify Hari's current TPTP status

- now that Richard, Gotoh-san and Rohit are committers they have higher responsibilities
- some of the things that new committers need to do:
        - make sure they commit quality code and to ensure this code review would be highly recommended
        - make sure they update plugin versions according to Eclipse the rules listed here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Version_Numbering
        - monitor the TPTP newsgroup and miling lists
         -  monitor the build reports, for ex. http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/home/downloads/?reports=TPTP-4.4.1-200710140100, for any internal API usage, incorrect copyrights, plugin version numbers,  translation readiness                    report (check PII status)

- once the list of deprecated components will be final we need to go ahead and refactor the current AGR test cases and updated the manual ones accordingly
- our target is to automate as many test cases as possible and integrate them into the common framework once it is available

Alexandru Nan - Software Developer
phone:  905-413-6029
e-mail: apnan@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Lab,
8200 Warden Ave.
Markham, Ontario, Canada
L6G 1C7

Alex Nan/Toronto/IBM

10/02/2007 06:18 PM

tptp-monitoring-tools-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
 [tptp-monitoring-tools-dev] Monitoring Tools Project Status - October 2nd, 2007

Monitoring Tools Project Status Meeting Minutes - Oct. 2nd, 2007

Present: Yasuhisa Gotoh, Alex Nan.

Due to a holiday in India, Rohit and Hari have been excused.

4.4.0.3 Status

- Monitoring project has successfully finished 4.4.0.3 testing :  http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/test/reports/4.4.0.3/index.html
- TPTP4.4.0.3 has been dropped to Europa on Friday September 28th, 2007
- two outstanding defects:
        - 202715 unresolved: reproducible on multiple Red Hat Linux 4.0 ES with IBM 1.4.2 SR7, SR9 JREs (it's not clear whether this defect is caused by a missing JRE library requirement, the fact is the problem is reproducible running only Eclipse 3.3.1)
        - 202983 (possible candidate for inclusion in 4.4.1)
- during 4.4.0.3 testing the test project has used the code coverage tool, EMMA, to generate statistical code coverage reports
- new defects have been reported (most of them enablement BiDi) againts LTA  4.2 or 4.2.1 (Alex believes these problems were already fixed during 4.2.1 - 4.4)

4.4.1

- need to investigate the possibility of including 202983 into 4.4.1

4.5
- need to have a closure on 4.5 features this week, (in the meantime review calls have been set up)
- need to automate the remaining manual test cases and work with Paul and the release engineering team to include monitoring components tests hooked  up into the test automation framework
- EMMA will be used as the test coverage tool
- AG meetings will be resumed starting with October 12th, 2007, feel free to propose any topic that is in alignment with the scope of the call:

I quote from the announcement sent by the new AG  chair person:

"TPTP Committers,
     As the new TPTP Architecture Group (AG) Lead, I want to invite all of
you to propose topics for upcoming AG calls.  The AG is responsible for the
development, articulation, and maintenance of our project architecture in
alignment with the Eclipse architecture.  These weekly calls assist this
effort by discussing project-wide architectural topics in an open forum.
We will use these calls to:

-discuss/debate architectural direction
-review existing architectural concerns/limitations
-showcase new/existing function/features
-discuss any technical topics affecting the entire project

     I would like for all committers to actively participate in these
calls by requesting and discussing various architectural topics.  Please
send me your suggested topics so we can schedule dates/speakers.

     We will be resuming the weekly AG call (Fridays 12 PM - 1 PM ET) on
October 12.  Please contact me if this is not a convenient date/time
"

-  to do for Alex:  propose Rohit and Gotoh-san as new TPTP commiters in the Monitoring project

Although I haven't mentioned it in the meeting I would like to do it here, that is to reiterate the call for participation to EclipseCon2008. For details please read the note that Paul has sent on 09/28/2007 08:01 AM EST.

Thanks,

Alexandru Nan - Software Developer
phone:  905-413-6029
e-mail: apnan@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Lab,
8200 Warden Ave.
Markham, Ontario, Canada
L6G 1C7

Alex Nan/Toronto/IBM

09/25/2007 06:29 PM

Alex Nan/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
Subject
Re: [tptp-monitoring-tools-dev] Monitoring Tools Project Status - September 25th, 2007Link