[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tptp-monitoring-tools-dev] Monitoring Tools Project Status - Mar. 14, 2006


Monitoring Tools Project Status Meeting Minutes - Mar. 14, 2006

Present:  Dave Smith, Alex Nan, Sheldon Lee-Loy, Ruth Lee, Hubert Leung, Mark Weitzel, Balan Subramanian, Matt Mings

Welcome to new members of the project, Mark, Balan, and Matt.

4.2 i2 Feature work
Alex
     - 64800 & 124700 - new Symptom Database - 80% complete - new API required (in separate package) - need to discuss with Harm
     - 117068 - not started but containable
Dave
     - 117062 - 60% complete
     - 125880 & 125882 - ICU4J support in GLA - 80% complete
     - 104487 - Valentina is working on it
115087 - no status

Proposal to cut from 4.2 plan
78319, 96433, 114818, 126253
But replaced with new features
130905, 130907, 130908 - description documents required

New features
George
   - 130830 - Provide API to use the statistical agents programmatically - will likely return this as invalid because in the work to port the Agents to new Intel platforms he is creating a control API implementation on top of the common Agent control interface available in the new Agent Controller
   - waiting for a feature for this control API implementation to get into the platform
   - discussion of control interface that Resource Explorer can use

Matt
     - 128731 & 130774 - Instrumentation features
     - he will provide status after meeting with his team tonight
     - they are changing their implementation to integrate into the TPTP framework
     - George agreed to review the code before check in to CVS

Mark
   - 129450 - Managed Resource Browser
   - they have first pass of code
   - Mark will set up review with Eugene for UI and with George for use of control interface

Defects
Alex  
       - haven't started 125901 or 126101 but they will be completed in i2
       - 96040 is lower priority and may have to be deferred until i3
George
       - 131140, 131146 - done by end of week
       - hasn't looked at 130022
       - 120475, 120476, 122840, 122853 - Porting defects - data collection libraries ported - need to rewrite the control code to use the new Agent Controller interfaces
Ruth   - 122386 - containable in i2
127428, 127612 - no status available
Dave  
      - has 22 defects - will focus on the 4 majors and 4 doc defects for i2
      - 127281 (Convert plugins to Eclipse 3.1 message bundle format ) - George will open a point defect to address this in his plugins, all UI plugins completed, Dave will instigate feasibility for GLA plugins
      - Thay will complete 114142 in i2

Version numbers
- Hubert changed all plugins that have changed in 4.2 to 4.1.1.
- He is asking committers to change all plugins that have been changed with feature enhancements to version 4.2.0
- Don't forget to change the copyright to include 2006 for any files changed in 2006.


Enablement testcases
- required by tomorrow for new features introduced in 4.1 & 4.2 - send status to Ruth
- testers should get the 4.2 i1 driver to test with because it is stable and has been tested
- PII drop is end of month

EclipseCon
- who is attending? Dave, Eugene, Valentina, George, Mark
- no meeting next week - please send status to Dave by email


Dave N. Smith
Data Collection Tooling                          
IBM Toronto Laboratory
smith@xxxxxxxxxx