[tools-pmc] Contributions 'unter the supervision of the PMC'

Dear Tools PMC,

I have received a couple of patches from an itemis colleague in the past weeks. While the patches were produced (and applied) one by one and neither exceeded the 1000 LOC limit, I was wondering how to correctly handle patches that would exceed the 1000 LOC limit.

Looking at the Eclipse IP process, the following case could apply, dependent on the ‚supervision’ policy of the PMC (all other constraints hold): "Written 100% by employees of the same employer as the Submitting Committer: (a) under the supervision of the PMC; and (b) where the employer has signed a Member Committer Agreement.“

Could you please elaborate whether a contribution of this kind would in general be regarded as being ‚supervised‘ by the Tools PMC, or rather, which conditions would have to be met if this is not the case?

Regards
Alexander
--
Dr. Alexander Nyßen
Dipl.-Inform.

Telefon: +49 (0) 231 / 98 60-202
Telefax: +49 (0) 231 / 98 60-211
Mobil: +49 (0) 151 /  17396743

http://www.itemis.de
alexander.nyssen@xxxxxxxxx

itemis AG
Am Brambusch 15-24
44536 Lünen

Rechtlicher Hinweis:

Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRB 20621

Vorstand: Jens Wagener (Vors.), Wolfgang Neuhaus, Dr. Georg Pietrek, Jens Trompeter, Sebastian Neus

Aufsichtsrat: Prof. Dr. Burkhard Igel (Vors.), Michael Neuhaus, Jennifer Fiorentino