[tools-pmc] Tools Commons Project

Wayne poked me the other day about the idea, and as I go to enter a bug for the Launch Bar it’s hit me again. I think it’s time now to create the Tools Commons project. Initial candidates for content would be the Launch Bar and the org.eclipse.remote TM system, though I’d like to hear Greg’s thoughts on that first. I imagine the Terminal stuff from TM could move here too. Then we can leave TM with the same fate as RSE. And who knows, there may be other components out there that need a better home (Docker which is not really a linux tool?).

Anyway, I’d like to open the floor for discussion on this and let the PMC share there thoughts before we go further.

Doug.

Back to the top