Re: [tools-pmc] [Request] Buildship - Appeal of PC decision

We need a little more from the Tools PMC.

Naturally, Buildship will need to release. I assume that getting PMC approval for a release should be relatively straightforward. In order to join any packages, it will need to graduate (package maintainers likely will not accept an incubating component). What needs to happen in order for the PMC to approve a release/graduation review in time for Mars?

What, in the opinion of the PMC, must happen for Buildship to join Mars?

How do we (you) bring this to the Planning Council?

Some points to ponder:

* Just because we haven't done this before, isn't good enough reason to not do it now.
* Buildship is doing a very good job of building community [1]
* Buildship has had more support through the onboarding process than pretty much any other project that I can recall
* AFAICT, they've got everything in the right place as far as the EDP, IP Policy, and Mars participation requirements are concerned.
* We at the EF feel that this is a really important bit of technology for Java users.
* They are a "leaf" node in the dependency graph, so the overall risk is low.
* Reward vs. Risk is high IMHO

What else?

How about we set up a call for 10 am EDT tomorrow?

Tools PMC call-in info:

  • North America +1-866-569-4992
  • Germany +49-692-2224-6059
  • France +33-(0)-17-070-8535
  • UK 0800-033-7806
  • Switzerland +41-44-580-2115
  • Sweden +46-85-063-8386
  • Italy 003-902-3604-8268

Participant conference extension: 717 then enter pin: 57932

Wayne

[1] http://blog.vogella.com/2015/04/17/buildship-on-the-mission-to-mars/