Re: [tools-pmc] Request for approval to have an AspectJ 1.8 release review

There is a rule. But it's tied to the IP Policy. If something hasn't been released, then it hasn't passed IP scrutiny (i.e. no IP Log review) and so can't be included in the release.

Given this, there is a bit of work around with regard to Orbit bundles. If the bundle that we're concerned with has otherwise passed IP muster (and the project has an approved CQ for its use), then a project can include it in its release. There's no rule in the EDP or IP Policy that says that dependencies have to come from Orbit.

HTH,

Wayne