Re: [tools-pmc] [tools-leads] Spread the word ... new "Tools Logo" icons

Hi David,

This sounds like a good initiative.

Just for the records, if the goal is reducing clutter in the about box then a branding plugin that declares the tools icon must also declare a common provider name (eg “Eclipse Tools Project” or “Eclipse.org – Tools”). Otherwise you end up with 2 identical icons in the about box. Setting the provider name for the branding plugin, in turn would prompt setting the provider name for all related plugins of the feature.

By clicking on the icon in the about box, one can see the list of features (with branding plugins) that contribute to the same icon. So I agree it’s a nice way grouping some of the smaller (“library kind”) of contributions under a common umbrella.

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6