Re: [tools-pmc] Requesting exception for patch feature shipped by Object Teams

On Tuesday, November 16, 2010 06:28:59 pm Doug Schaefer wrote:
> I think it's just too easy to get the patched version without users
> knowing about it. That's why I firmly believe the owners of the
> org.eclipse.jdt namespace need to approve any patches into that
> namespace that come on the train.

Generally speaking you're right about implicit provisioning solutions.
In this particular case, however, the only possible way to get the
patched plugin is by requesting the patch feature. And the only way
to get the patch feature is to request the patch feature.
In the Indigo train the only feature depending on (via include) this
patch feature is the "Object Teams Development Tooling".
And this situation is not likely to change in the near future.
So, I don't see how one could get the patched plugin without requesting
the "Object Teams Development Tooling".

Am I missing anything?

And if "the users knowing about this" is so important (which I agree)
let's give some attention to bug 316702, no?

cheers,
Stephan

Back to the top