[tools-leads] Guidelines for nominating a committer in a Tools sub-project

Sequoyah has recently moved over from the defunct DSDP, so there will
be some learning how things are done "over here".

In DSDP, we had a guideline that we tried to follow before accepting a
new committer. We usually wanted to see at least 3 "quality
contributions" and some assurance that contributions would continue
before nominating someone as a committer. I think the intentions were
good in that we wanted to know someone was willing to support their
contributions and was interested in the future of the project. It
worked differently for sponsoring companies as those entities had a
monetary interest in seeing various Eclipse projects succeed. But
still, we wanted to see that anyone who is adding code into a project
could maintain the expected quality level.

Is there a similar guideline within Tools? Either as an individual or
as an employee of a sponsoring company?

Thanks!
--
Eric Cloninger (ericc@xxxxxxxxxxxx)