Re: [tools-leads] Welcome Tools Project Leads

Hi,

I'm Stephan Herrmann, lead of the Object Teams project which has just
joined this exquisite group.

Until last year I worked at Technische Universität Berlin and from that
background I'm still active behind the scenes of the ECOOP conference series.
The Object Teams project has emerged from publicly funded research together
with Fraunhofer FIRST. In this context I started working on Eclipse in 2003
(i.e., we started the Object Teams Development Tooling based on Eclipse 2.1).

By moving to Eclipse we're now sending out the signal that this technology
is ready for use in the real world. Since the Object Teams approach is new
for certainly most in the community, I'll try to explain the different
facets of it in my blog [1] that's also fed via planet.eclipse.org.

Technically, our tool is deeply integrated with a number of Eclipse
components, most prominently everthing from the JDT. Integrating with other
plugins has been and will always be a major goal of our project.

cheers,
Stephan

[1] http://blog.objectteams.org/2010/02/object-teams-says-hello-eclipse/

Back to the top