Re: [tools-dev] Photran: a Tools PMC Proposal for an FDT

Interesting work guys. I have heard interest in a Fortran-DT amongst some
of the CDT crowd. I think there will be a pocket of interest in this.

This also brings up the discussion of how we can use the CDT as a platform
for other languages. As you mention that your work was based on CDT, I'd
be interested in hearing what you had to do to morph it into a FDT.
Possibly by bringing these tools together in sync, you could leverage off
of some of the work we've done since 1.2 and are continuing working on.
And visa versa, I'm sure.

Great stuff and thanks!
Doug Schaefer, CDT
Ottawa Lab, IBM Rational Software Division

"Brian Foote" <foote@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: tools-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
01/19/2005 06:23 PM
Please respond to
tools-dev

<tools-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
"'Ralph Johnson'" <johnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <overbey2@xxxxxxxx>, "'Spiros
Xanthos'" <xanthos2@xxxxxxxx>, "'Brian Foote'" <foote@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
[tools-dev] Photran: a Tools PMC Proposal for an FDT

Folks,

We?re pleased to announce the availability of our first release of our
Photran Fortran Development Tool feature/plug-in for Eclipse. Our current
release is Photran 1.2.0 RC4 (?Hyperion?). You can find it at:
http://photran.cs.uiuc.edu/photran/photran.html. It?s based on CDT 1.2
This release is supported under Eclipse 2.1.3. (?Photran? is named in
honor of an alas, now defunct Vietnamese restaurant near UIUC?s Siebel
Center.)

We?d like, as well, to propose an Eclipse Tools Subproject to continue and
extend this work. Our draft proposal can be found at:
http://photran.cs.uiuc.edu/photran/photran-tools-pmc-proposal.html

Comments on the plug-ins, as well as the proposal, are eagerly solicited.
They can be sent to me at foote@xxxxxxxxxxx. Or you can join one of our
mailing lists. Pointers to these can be found on the website.

We?re looking forward to hearing from you,

Brian Foote, Ralph Johnson, and the Photran Team at the University of
Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Back to the top