[tools-dev] Adding views to Perspective and setting default perspective

Hi,

    I am quite new to eclipse and need your support to learn more about this IDE which seems to be very interesting.

1.   I created some views and some actionsets and Now I would like to add these only to the perspective that I have created. How do I do this? I tried this adding  to the perspective extensions in the plugin describing my actionsets. But it didnot work.Here is the code

<extension point="org.eclipse.ui.perspectiveExtensions">

<perspectiveExtension

targetID="org.eclipse.TestPerspective">

<actionSet id="org.eclipse.testactionSet"/>

</perspectiveExtension>

</extension>

2. How do I make this perspective as my default perspective. Is there any other way rather than making changes in the plugin_customization.ini file. Like through some APIs. If so could you please help me with any sample examples to do the same.

Please give your valuable suggestions and help me to learn more about eclipse.

Thanx,

Suchi

Stand out from the crowd. Make your own MMS cards. Have some mobile masti!

Back to the top