[tools-dev] Eclipse Maven

Hi Everybody,

I'm using eclipse (2.0.3) based WSAD IDE and am trying to use Maven genapp
and the eclipse plugins to start my projects. But I'm having some issues.
Here's what's going on:

1. If I use genapp out side the IDE to generate a project folder and then
use eclipse goal still out side the IDE, the .project and .classpath files
are generated in my project folder but my IDE doesn't recognize that project
as a java project and I can't find any way how I can get that in my IDE.

2.To take care of the above situation, I tried making a new simple project
(not a java project) in my IDE and then make a project.xml file inside the
project folder and select that project in the IDE and run the eclipse goal
from inside the IDE. Again .project and .classpath files are generated and
now IDE takes it as a java project also. But the .classpath files doesn't
has entries for all the dependencies that I specify in the project.xml.

The .classpath is updated with all the dependency jars from project.xml only
when I run eclipse goal outside the IDE.

Do I have to modify the arguments that IDE is supplying to the eclipse
plugin now configured as an external tool ?

I don't want to keep shifting back and forth from inside the IDE to outside.

So I would appreciate if someone can guide about the strategy to start
projects to be used with eclipse IDE with eclipse version 2.0

Thanks in advance

Vikas

Back to the top