[tools-dev] Debug stepping into issue

All,

I am running Eclipse 2.1 with the Sysdeo Tomcat plug-in and using Jakarta Struts.

I put a breakpoint in the init method of my class that extends the Struts PlugIn
interface (see below for details) at a line that reads as follows:

AppCtx appCtx = new AppCtx(appConfigDir);

I start Tomcat from within Eclipse. When i "step into" at the above line, instead
of taking me to the AppCtx constructor, the debugger takes me to the method:

java.lang.System.getSecurityManager()

Stepping out of that, I find myself in

org.apache.catalina.loader.WebAppClassLoader.checkPackageAccess()

Ultimately, if I just resume, Tomcat starts up, but my AppCtx class never got created
and therefore I can't get my web app up and running.

Can anyone give me any clues as to where I should start looking for the problem? Should
I perhaps take this to Sysdeo, Tomcat, or the Struts mailing list? As it stands now, I'm
kind of lost and I just need a direction to head.

Thanks in advance,

Gence Soysal
gence.soysal@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Note: The new version of Struts has a concept of "plug-ins" that you define in the
struts-config.xml and write a class that implements the PlugIn interface shipped with
Struts. These are launched when Tomcat is started.

Back to the top