[tools-dev] junit test collector/runner & sub-projects

All,

I hope this is the right place to post, I didn't see a separate junit list.

I have numerous junit tests in my projects. I gave up on test suites long
ago, in favour of using the "automated collection" capability that the junit
plug-in provides. Now, my projects depend upon other project that also have
many junit tests.

Unfortunately the collection process appears [my *guess*, can't seem to
figure out the code] to walk the classpath, not the "project paths" -- and
as such doesn't recognize a difference between my project's tests and
sub-project tests. As such it tries to run all, in "random" order (not
quite, but same effect...) I have two problems w/ that:

1) I want to test my project, the other projects test take way too long.
2) Some of my projects have ant BuildFileTest test cases, that take a
script. These require the file access to be relative to the project (at
best) and when these are run as part of sub-project tests this fails.

I'd really like to be able to exclude sub-project tests, if possible. Is
this something available or envisage by this tool?

Thank in advance for all input.

regards

Adam
--