[tools-dev] KDE under SUN Solaris 9 and Eclipse

Hi,

I used to run Eclipse 2.0 under Sun Solaris 9 using the CDE Desktop
envorinment, which worked very good.

Now I also installed KDE on SUN Solaris 9 and I try to use Eclipse 2.0
under the KDE Session but everytime I try to start Eclipse I get a
NullPointerException after the Splashscreen appears.

I use JDK 1.4 from SUN.
Applications like Netscape etc. run fine in KDE and CDE only Eclipse
shows this strange behavior.

Has that to do with the fact, that Eclipse SWT misses the MOTIF libs or
so, but they are also installed on the machine.

Has anyone an idea where the problem is ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Frank Marx

Back to the top