Re: [tm-dev] Webseite updates

Hi Lars,

RSE is in maintenance mode, no feature development is happing to RSE anymore. There are still people out there who are happy with RSE as it is, and for those the project still exist.

"TM Remote" as such does not exist. For the TM Terminal 4.0, there exist a connector bridge which is using the Remote Services from the PTP project to connect the Terminal to remote systems.

In the context of PTP and Doug S. launch bar for CDT, Doug S. and Greg W. extended the original PTP Remote Services to do basic target / remote system management. If I'm not mistaken, the current state is represented in at [1]. They announced a lot of stuff, but being able to replace RSE is a different story.

While the PTP Remote services may evolve further, up to this point, the most complete candidate for replacing RSE for remote target / system operations is the TCF Target Explorer from the TCF project [2]. The TCF Target Explorer requires to run a TCF agent on the target / remote system.

Hope that helps.

Best regards, Uwe :)

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/new_and_noteworthy/9.0.0#Connections_View
[2] https://www.eclipse.org/tcf/