[tm-dev] "Problem Digest" E-Mails

Hi all,

In case you’ve been wondering about the “Problem Digest” E-Mails on this list recently,

these have started appearing since I have enabled them.

Background is the “Automated Error Reporting Initiative” mostly driven by Marcel Bruch

but strongly supported by the Eclipse Foundation. Essentially, since a couple months the

Eclipse “Packages” are enabled to capture all exceptions and send them back to Eclipse.org

for analysis. See attached for some more background.

I have enabled the TM/RSE and TM/Terminal exceptions to be sent to this list such that we

can start looking at them. The first task should be triaging those exceptions. Some of them

might be expected (incorrect input by user), others might be real bugs. The URL sent by

the error report bot allows classifying those exceptions (“triage”). An exception once

classified as “expected behavior” will not be reported any more in the future.

It should be our goal to review most of the exceptions and classify them either as “bug”

or as “expected” before Mars ships. This is important because otherwise, we might be

overrun by similar reports once the packages go live to the larger community.

Since most of the issues come from RSE, this is especially a plea to those who still use

RSE. Please take those exception reports seriously and triage them. The Triage can be

done by contributors just as well as committers. And, of course we value contributions

for fixing the issues !

Thanks for your collaboration and let me know if any questions.

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Owner – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6

Back to the top