From: Oberhuber, Martin [mailto:Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2015 12:04
To: TM project developer discussions; Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> (g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx); Madan Teodor-TEMADAN1; Rob Stryker (rob.stryker@xxxxxxxxx); manderse@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Heads Up: API Addition for RSE contributed through https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/48427/1

Hi TM committers,

I’ve just reviewed https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/48427/1 and wanted to make you aware that it includes a proposed API addition (ITerminalSettings).

The API addition makes sense to me but it comes VERY late in the game, thus would appreciate Greg’s opinion as the project lead.

I’m also not sure if the API addition is strictly necessary, perhaps Teo can get around without it.

Or we take the other route and decide that getting and setting properties is so fundamental that it’s added as new API to IService .

IService is marked @noimplement so adding new methods would be API compatible, then any RSE Service can transfer properties to and from the connector service.

I’ve also added Max and Rob to this message (although they are not committers) since they recently indicated interest in RSE and possibly maintaining it.

Please let me know what you think !

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Owner – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6

Back to the top