Re: [tm-dev] Remote terminal service

On Jan 31, 2015, at 5:10 AM, Stieber, Uwe <Uwe.Stieber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Greg,

With the remote terminal service included, the terminal suddenly has a dependency to org.eclipse.remote, something not living in the TM project, at least not yet. Dependencies to an external project, something you and Doug S. have had complained about vehemently lately. Never mind!

If it’s any consolation, I did agonize over where it should go. If we put it in o.e.remote then it would bring in a dependency on TM. In the end, it seemed to me that o.e.remote is providing a more “fundamental” service, so the dependency should probably go the other way. In a similar way to the TM dependencies on gnu.io and Jsch.

Except from that, I don’t see any issue with this contribution.

One thing, are you open to get the feature renamed to have the feature(s) explicitly named “<id>.feature” or are you locked already to the current names of the features? And we also would like to split up the features in a runtime feature (no sources) and an SDK feature (with sources). It reduces the download size of Eclipse based products bundling the Terminal.

I have no problem with adding “feature” to the ID, but none of the other terminal implementations have this. I was just using them as a reference.

I’ll add an SDK feature also.

Thanks,
Greg

Best regards, Uwe