[tm-dev] TM going away, maintain or replace?

Hi,

I just saw the cross project post about TM declaring to not be part of Mars release and I've started reading this list archives to get an idea what is going on/happening.

We at JBoss Tools do not rely as heavily I can see VMware are on TM, but we do rely on RSE to provide easy ftp, ssh and sometimes even dstore file transfer and linked folders support in our server tools support. I knew from past conversations that RSE was in maintenance mode already but I didn't expect an abrupt removal - now you got my attention ;)

If TM does not take part of Mars release train we won't be able to release JBoss Tools on Mars anytime soon - thus I am definitely interested in understanding why TM can't be part of Mars (even if just in "no changes, just kept alive"-mode) and how we can get from here to whatever
is next.

Is the withdrawal from Mars purely an issue of there being noone around to do the manual steps to trigger the builds, do release review or are there technical changes that must be done to participate in Mars ?

I could possible find someone to help with participating in getting a build out assuming its already all tycho based and
no major rework needed.

If there are technical issues then we'll need to look deeper and understand how to get this fixed or find a replacement for the features RSE provides that we (and if others are interested, the greater community) rely on.

Would appreciate any insight you guys can give me here!

Thanks,
/max
http://about.me/maxandersen

Back to the top