From: tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stieber, Uwe
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:03 AM
To: TM project developer discussions
Subject: Re: [tm-dev] Master branch is TM 3.7?

Hi Greg,

Well, I can speak only for Terminal and the Terminal is definitely under active development. There might be just 2 active committers left, myself and Martin Oberhuber from time to time, but we still do changes and we still need releases. I would be OK to move out the Terminal from the TM project but the proposed common project where things like the Terminal could live does not exist yet. I’m also fine with moving the Terminal widget to the TCF project container, but that’s something Martin Oberhuber needs to decide.

For the Terminal, the main complains are not necessarily bugs at this point of time, the main complains are about the fact that you do have multiple Terminal views in Eclipse once RSE is installed. 2 views are at least deprecated and only the “Terminals” view provided from the TCF project is maintained and where new features requested by the users are added. We have to get the 2 other Terminal views out of Eclipse to stop the user confusion. The plan for doing this is outlined below, but this work does have some effect on EPP packages. I can do everything outlined below, but I don’t know how to get the EPP packages updated to include the correct features.

The cleanup of the multiple Terminal views should happen for the Mars release.

Regarding the committer meetings, at least for me time is limited and discussing things here instead of a shared conference call is easier to manage.

Thanks, Best regards, Uwe J