Re: [tm-dev] Two Terminal Views?

Hi Doug,

The “Legacy Terminal” is in some of the packages (I know about JEE), the “TCF Terminal” is in no package so far.

I think we should get rid of the “Legacy Terminal” from TM since the TCF Terminal provides 100% of the features by now, and much more:

-          Local Terminal Support (also on Windows)

-          Automatic reconnect on restart (cool for serial, telnet & ssh)

-          History of previous SSH / Telnet connections

-          Drag-and-drop of panes between multi-instance views

I assume we can make such a “get rid of” change only in Luna+1 == Mars, Luna SR won’t do it right ?

While we’re at it, it would be good to get the “TM Terminal Widget” restructured from TM into TCF since that’s where the active committers are.

This would arguably introduce a dependency RSE -> TCF , but it would make our lives in TCF a lot easier.

Thoughts ?

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Owner – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6