[tm-dev] Requiring Java 1.6

Hi all,

Here is one reference on the cdt-dev mailing list, which I found with respect to requiring Java 1.6 minimum:

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cdt-dev/msg23083.html

The Eclipse Platform PMC talked about it on April 4, 2012:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse/PMC/Minutes_2012

The Platform’s minimum required execution environments were added to the Platform Juno plan:

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?planurl=http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/plans/eclipse_project_plan_4_2.xml#appendix

As you see, most of the Platform bundles are still on 1.4 or 1.5 – only very few have moved up to 1.6.

I’d think that this strategy makes sense for TM/RSE as well, unless somebody feels an urge to move up to 1.6 globally like CDT did.

I think that in some places there was better justification why Java 6 is needed or better – I just can’t find it right now.

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6

Back to the top