|[tigerstripe-users] Re: [tip-all] Tigerstripe 0.3 is out!|
I have problems understanding your statement: "unzip that on top of the eclipse install."
As one of the mTOP model editor, I have installed IBM RSM Version 7.0.5 which includes already:
- Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework Developer Resources Version: 3.3.1.v20070814
- Eclipse Graphical Modeling Framework (GMF) Developer Resources Version: 1.0.100.v20070921.
How can I add the Tigerstripe Plugin to RSM? Or is this not possible at all and I have to install an additional Eclipse application?
Thank you for your help.
T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH
Telco Project & Design
Line of Business Networks & Processes
Deutsche-Telekom-Allee 7, 64295 Darmstadt
+49 6151 937-3709 (Phone)
+49 521 921 05 042 (Fax)
Internet: http://www.t-systems.com <http://www.t-systems.com/>
T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH
Aufsichtsrat: René Obermann (Vorsitzender)
Executive Committee: Reinhard Clemens (Vorsitzender)*, Helmut Binder, Olaf Heyden*, Dr. Klaus Hofmann, Katrin Horstmann, Joachim Langmack*, Wilfried Peters*, Dr. Stefan Schloter, Dr. Matthias Schuster*, Zvezdana Seeger*, Dr. Rolf Werner
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main HRB 55933
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main
*Geschäftsführer gem. § 35 GmbHG
Notice: This transmittal and/or attachments may be privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error; any review, dissemination, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmittal in error, please notify us immediately by reply and immediately delete this message and all its attachments. Thank you.
T-Systems – Business flexibility
From: Eric Dillon [mailto:erdillon@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 10:46 PM
To: Tigerstripe Users; tigerstripe-announce@xxxxxxxxxxx; Tigerstripe Developers
Subject: [tip-all] Tigerstripe 0.3 is out!
After many months of effort and much code refactoring to open source the code, the first official release of Tigerstripe as an open-source Eclipse project is available.
Please visit http://www.eclipse.org/tigerstripe/downloads to download it.
To get started
Follow these steps:
- download Eclipse 3.3 (not 3.4 that came out last week, as we’re are not supporting it yet), from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/moreinfo/rcp.php
- unzip it somewhere convenient.
- download the “bundle-tigerstripe-workbench-0.3_incubation.zip from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/tigerstripe/bundle-tigerstripe-workbench-0.3_incubation.zip
- unzip that on top of the eclipse install.
If you had been using a Milestone build or the RC you should be able to simply run an update against our update manager ( http://download.eclipse.org/technology/tigerstripe/updates/site.xml )
New and noteworthy
This release brings a number of bug fixes but also some new features. Some of the highlights below:
- Generic Annotation Framework, allowing to annotate your models with any type of annotations that you’d define through an EMF ecore. Visit the tutorial section on our wiki for more details at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Define_Tigerstripe_Annotations
- M0 Driven generation, i.e. Generate content out of instances the same way you are used to generate content from classes. See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tigerstripe_M0-Based_Generation for more details
- Tigerstripe was split into 3 main features (annotations, base and workbench) to allow for better adoption. As a result we have added more extension points to enable more customization
- Improved UML2 Import/Export
More information can be found at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tigerstripe_0.3_stream
A complete list of addressed bugs and enhancements is provided from the download section (release notes).
Compatibility with last Commercial Release
From a modeling perspective, this release is compatible with the previous last commercial release of Tigerstripe: any model you had developed will load into this version, although some of the project descriptors will automatically be upgraded to the latest org.eclipse.tigerstripe.* namespace.
>From a generation perspective, unfortunately, since the whole code base was ported to org.eclipse.tigerstripe.* while the old code base was using com.tigerstripesoftware.*, you will need to update your generation code. Don’t hesitate to contact us through our mailing list should you need some assistance.
We have transferred the content of the old www.tigerstripedev.net website into our new Wiki (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tigerstripe ). You will find tutorials, tips-n-tricks, FAQs and a number of other resources. We will keep building the content.
Should you encounter bugs in this release, please use this link to log a bug into Bugzilla: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Tigerstripe
The Tigerstripe Team
You are currently subscribed to tip-all as: bernd.zeuner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-tip-all-26103C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx